*******************************

PLEASE NOTE THIS SITE IS RETIRED. THE CURRENT SITE IS HumanistContemplative.org


*******************************

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jedi Philosophy

I've been meaning to post this on my blog for a long time. Of course, everyone knows that George Lucas' Jedi of the Star Wars films were an amalgamation inspired by a number of real-world philosophies and religions. Unfortunately, we only get to see glimpses of their beliefs in the films, represented by what Jedi characters said. However, there have been many books written on philosophy and Star Wars. Among them I have read and would recommend "Star Wars and Philosophy" edited by Kevin S. Decker and Jason T. Eberl, and "The Dharma of Star Wars" by Matthew Bortolin.

I have also compiled a listing of all quotes concerning views on the Force or other philosophical ideas throughout all six Star Wars films. I call it "The Jedi Q" and it can be read on my philosophy site or by clicking here.

May the Force be with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home